I want to help

Hythe and Lyminge

Volunteer with the Hythe & Lyminge Community Support Hub

Phone: 01303 269 602

Email: [email protected]

Age UK Hythe & Lyminge
Sanford House
Stade Street
Kent CT21 6BD

Romney Marsh

Volunteer with the Romney Marsh Community Support Hub

Email: [email protected]

Romney Marsh Day Centre
Sunflower House
Rolfe Lane
New Romney
Kent TN28 8JR


Volunteer with the Folkestone Community Hub

Email: [email protected]

Folkestone Community Hub
Three Hills Sports Park

Cheriton Road
Kent CT19 5JU


NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to support the NHS during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Folkestone and Hythe District Council

Please fill in and submit this form

Ashford Borough Council

Please fill in and submit this form

I need help

Hythe and Lyminge

Contact the Hythe Community Support Hub

Phone: 01303 269 602

Email: [email protected]


Contact the Folkestone Community Support Hub

Fill in the form below and email to [email protected]

Phone: 01303 316 186

Romney Marsh

Contact the Romney Marsh Community Support Hub

Phone: 01797 208 590

Email: [email protected]

The Folkestone Haven

The Folkestone Haven is a safe place for adult residents of the District in any form of mental health distress to come and be supported by a team of Recovery Workers.

Drop in without an appointment 365 days a year at 69 Sandgate Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2AF

  • Week day evenings from 18:00 to 23:00
  • Weekends and Bank Holidays from 12:00 to 23:00

Folkestone and Hythe District Council

Email [email protected] or call 01303 761 116

Health Advice
Business Advice
Travel Advice


Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country. In England:

  • Only socialise indoors with people you live with or who are in your support bubble
  • Up to 6 people or 2 households can meet outside
  • Work from home if you can and minimise travel
  • If you have symptoms get a test and stay at home

COVID vaccine rollout

The UK has now approved three COVID vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, and Oxford/AstraZeneca) and is rolling them out to combat the virus, prioritising the most at-risk groups. It's incredibly important that, when you are offered the vaccine, you take it.

Local residents are being vaccinated at Folca and the Civic Centre in Folkestone, at the Oaklands Health Centre in Hythe, and at Lydd Airport and New Romney Old School in Romney Marsh. Everyone over 38 can now book their appointment here

Check if you have symptoms

If you have symptoms, do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

  • a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.

Apply for a coronavirus test

Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of age, is now eligible for testing. You can either go to a testing site, or get a test delivered to your home.

If you have any questions, you can contact the Coronavirus Testing Call Centre on 0300 303 2713 for assistance (open 8am to 8pm).

Follow the link below to apply for a test:

Apply for a coronavirus test (key workers)

If you are an essential worker, or live with an essential worker, and have coronavirus symptoms, you should apply for a test via the GOV.UK portal.

If you have any questions, you can contact the Coronavirus Testing Call Centre on 0300 303 2713 for assistance (open 8am to 8pm).

Follow the link below to apply for a test:

Kent County Council: Get a symptom-free test

If you are symptom free, in Kent you can get a test and help reduce the spread of the virus locally. Two centres in Folkestone & Hythe are offering these tests:

  • The Folkestone Library at 2 Grace Hill, Folkestone CT20 1HD
  • The Hawkinge Community Centre at Heron Forstal Avenue, Hawkinge, Folkestone CT18 7FP

Follow the link below to read more and apply to get tested.

Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Government, in consultation with industry, has produced guidance to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible.

These 14 guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.

Should my business remain closed, or can I re-open?

The guidance below lists businesses that can re-open, and those that must remain closed.

Support for local businesses

The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19. You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants.

Use the Government's business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.

Support for self-employed

You can claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your average monthly trading profits, paid out in a single instalment covering 3 months’ worth of profits, and capped at £7,500 in total.

HMRC help

If you run a business or are self-employed and are concerned about paying your tax due to coronavirus, you can call HMRC’s helpline on 0800 024 1222.

Read more at:
HMRC's tax helpline

Kent County Council

KCC has a dedicated business support line for coronavirus-related issues, delivered by the Kent & Medway Growth Hub.

Call 03333 602 300

Cyber security advice for moving your business online

More businesses are operating online due to the coronavirus. The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has published guidance for sole traders and SMEs on moving from the physical to the digital.

Travel Advice

From 17 May there will be a new green list of countries and territories. Until 17 May all countries and territories outside of the Common Travel Area are either red list or amber list countries or territories. If you travel to England before 17 May you must follow the relevant amber list or red list rules.

How to quarantine when you arrive in England

From 15 February onwards, everyone allowed to enter England from outside the Common Travel Area (Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man) must:

  • quarantine for 10 days
  • take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on day 2 and day 8 of quarantining unless your job permits exemption
  • follow the national lockdown rules

There are separate rules for people travelling from 'red list' countries where travel to the UK is banned.

Booking and staying in a quarantine hotel when you arrive in England

From 15 February onwards, everyone allowed to enter England who has visited or passed through a country where travel to the UK is banned (i.e. 'red list' countries) in the last 10 days must:

  • quarantine for 10 full days in a managed quarantine hotel
  • take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of quarantining
  • follow the national lockdown rules

Copyright 2021 Damian Collins. All rights reserved

Promoted by Stephen James for and on behalf of Damian Collins, both of Folkestone & Hythe Conservative Association both at 4 West Cliff Gardens, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1SP


link linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram